The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders

Intended originally only for use of the 2%, I may use this as a kind of back room for competitive Nsiders (SSB) in general.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has this happened to you?

Go down 
+2
Thirdkoopa
Yoshi1999
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

Has this happened to you? Empty
PostSubject: Has this happened to you?   Has this happened to you? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Like, out of nowhere, you play better than you've ever played before.

The first time this happened me was on 6-6-06, and my nametag was 666 (lol), and I raped with Roy, playing twice as good as I've ever played as him.

Not too special, but 2 days ago, as Mewtwo, on the cpu's last stock, I did this combo without even thinking about it, my fingers just moved. I went for a uair, and wanted to follow up with a nair, but instead I fflc'd it and did a usmash. I went for another uair, then wanted to do a djc'd fair, but I did the same thing as before. I wanted to do another uair, but somehow I did a backwards full jump with a perfectly timed dair, sending them diagonally into the pit. I'd think it to be a coincidence, had it not been for that part, I felt my fingers move on their own. And the weird thing is, it was a perfect combo, the cpu had no time to react(though I highly doubt this would work on DI'ng opponents)
Back to top Go down
Thirdkoopa
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Has this happened to you?   Has this happened to you? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:20 pm

In all honesty; No it has never happened, And i didn't even understand some of those termks used so no.

On a side note that does seem wierd.
Back to top Go down
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Has this happened to you?   Has this happened to you? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:45 pm

Yeah. I was able to 3-stock my friends consistently (most of whom were at my skill level at the time.) I was using Sheik, whom I had almost never used before. I started getting into advanced techs and whatnot, and just kept improving. But now I'm lucky to 2-stock them consistently.
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

PostSubject: Re: Has this happened to you?   Has this happened to you? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Nope, I've been improving at a steady rate over the past couple of months. I have a friend at the University of Chicago who flew in for a tournament called Best of 2007 who might have had something like this happen to him, though.

From what I heard, NeighborhoodP (a pretty good smasher whose Sheik is about as good as mine) beat him in a money match and Azn_Lep (the best ICs main in SoCal) 3-stocked him a week before the tournament. When playing friendlies with him right before the tournament, I was going even with him. When I met him in the brackets, though, he 2-stocked my ICs on Battlefield and then 2-stocked my Sheik on FD. He later beat Azn_Lep 2-0, including one 4-stock. He ended up beating Blitz and getting 5th out of about 40 people in the tournament.
Back to top Go down
The Chuff
2% Bunny
2% Bunny
The Chuff

PostSubject: Re: Has this happened to you?   Has this happened to you? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:58 pm

I once wtf-owned all my friends. We were playing free for all, but otherwise normal rules (no items, etc) and I was playing as Marth. I decided I was sucking, so I played as Sheik, just to try her out. I suddenly was owning them left and right! I four stocked all three of them in one battle O_o
I've never played that good as Sheik since.
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

PostSubject: Re: Has this happened to you?   Has this happened to you? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:09 am

Nope, never happened to me.
Back to top Go down
https://2percentsmash.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has this happened to you?   Has this happened to you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has this happened to you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders :: General Smash Discussion-
Jump to: