The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders

Intended originally only for use of the 2%, I may use this as a kind of back room for competitive Nsiders (SSB) in general.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OMFG POURQUOI

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Why do character match-ups have to be so important in Brawl???

Going against G&W as Zelda(OMG my main) is completely idiotic suicide on my part. G&W completely owns that match-up 9-1. I also want to get better with Lucas, but his match-up with G&W is even worse. PK thunder auto fills his bucket completely, and he can use it to gimp Lucas' recovery while getting a full bucket in the process. A 10-0 match-up right there. No hope.

Both of their only options for approach can be caught in the bucket. And G&W can safely approach with his bair. And his Dsmash and fsmash can hit them both quickly and for some unnamed reason, they're unbelievably powerful. Not to mention, Zelda is completely helpless when she's above you; a simple uair from G&W can give him total dominance of the match.

The only thing I CAN do is choose Marth, but G&W also has an advantage in that match-up, but not to the point where it's a stupid decision.

What I SHOULD do is pick up Samus.

The end. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Echo_Assassin
2% Boozer User
2% Boozer User
Echo_Assassin

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:09 pm

i feel as though i inspired this post somehow
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:23 pm

SWF did... long ago. You don't think I just realized this after our matches today, did you?

They also said G&W is looking to be top tier because of his amazing match-ups. If not that, he's definitely the new Falco or Sheik.

I've concluded myself that Samus counters G&W. He can't absorb missles or the grapple, so she can approach him like none other, and once your at 113%, if I dtilt you, you'll die, no matter how much you DI.
Back to top Go down
Echo_Assassin
2% Boozer User
2% Boozer User
Echo_Assassin

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:28 pm

I figured that G&W was gonna be in the top tier region.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:32 pm

So will Marth probably... but for some reason all of the other best characters have an advantage in a match-up against him. And considering how tourneys are always full of high tier characters... things may not look so good for Marf
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:02 pm

G&W owns the midwest right now. Anyways, characters that I've seen beat good Game and Watches in SoCal tournaments include D3, Marth, Metaknight, Snake, and Ice Climbers. I don't know nearly enough about Samus or G&W to say anything meaningful (the only match-ups I really know anything about are the ICs' match-ups) about how Samus does against G&W, but it couldn't hurt to see how that match-up works.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:53 pm

Yea I win like half my GW battles when I'm Marth.

Samus definitely has the potential. I really suck with her, but she definitely has the advantage. As long as you can get GW to 113%, then just land a bair or dtilt.
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:57 am

Samus sucks.
Back to top Go down
https://2percentsmash.forumotion.com
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 am

Witchking_of_Angmar wrote:
Samus sucks.
Even if that is true, what's relevant here is how well she does against G&W in particular. This could be sort of like the Zelda Vs. ICs match-up in Melee, which favors Zelda even though the ICs are way better overall.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:56 pm

Fly'd.
Back to top Go down
Ravioli
2% Member
2% Member
Ravioli

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Yoshi1999 wrote:
Fly'd.
OMFG POURQUOI 34inwjc
=)
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:21 pm

But he has blonde leg hair, which is clearly inferior to dark brown.
Back to top Go down
Ravioli
2% Member
2% Member
Ravioli

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:50 pm

Yoshi1999 wrote:
But he has blonde leg hair, which is clearly inferior to dark brown.

That's normally correct, but in this case it's Fly. Therefore you are wrong.

IMPORTANT EDIT: If you're reading this Fly, consider the pic a late birthday present. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OMFG POURQUOI Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMFG POURQUOI   OMFG POURQUOI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMFG POURQUOI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders :: General Smash Discussion-
Jump to: