The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders

Intended originally only for use of the 2%, I may use this as a kind of back room for competitive Nsiders (SSB) in general.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sakurai reflects on wavedashing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravioli
2% Member
2% Member
Ravioli

Sakurai reflects on wavedashing Empty
PostSubject: Sakurai reflects on wavedashing   Sakurai reflects on wavedashing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:24 pm

I honestly don't know if this has been posted on AiB, Smashboards, GFaqs, or hell even NSider already, but whatever.

This is an excerpt from an interview I read up with Sakurai by Nintendo Power magazine. Most of it wasn't interesting, but this caught my eye:

NP: This is one that a lot of harcore Smash Bros. fans have long wondered about. Was the ability to "Wavedash" in Melee intentional or a glitch?

Of course, we noticed that you could do that during the development period. With Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it wasn't a matter of, "OK, do we leave it in or do we take it out?" We really just wanted this game, again, to appeal to and be played by gamers of all different levels. We felt that there was a growing gap between beginners and advanced players, and taking that out helps to level the playing field. It wasn't a real big priority or anything, but when we were building the game around the idea of making it fair for everyone, it just made sense to take it out. And it also goes back to wanting to make something different from Melee and giving players the opportunity to find new things to enjoy.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Echo_Assassin
2% Boozer User
2% Boozer User
Echo_Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai reflects on wavedashing   Sakurai reflects on wavedashing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:26 pm

it actually was posted on Nsider

everyone was all like "dood i told u waveglitching wuznt spoed to b in"

I'm pretty sure that this article confirmed that it was meant to be in though >.>
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai reflects on wavedashing   Sakurai reflects on wavedashing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:29 pm

For some unnamed reason, I have the feeling he'd have the same word-for-word response if he was questioned about l-cancelling MAYBE with a "It was a little trick I wanted to keep in Melee for players to mess around with..."
Back to top Go down
Ravioli
2% Member
2% Member
Ravioli

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai reflects on wavedashing   Sakurai reflects on wavedashing Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:37 pm

I still tend to press R whenever I land an aerial, forgetting that it won't cut the lag.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai reflects on wavedashing   Sakurai reflects on wavedashing Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:22 pm

I only do that with Marth's dair. That landing lag is just begging for me to press L.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai reflects on wavedashing   Sakurai reflects on wavedashing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sakurai reflects on wavedashing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders :: General Smash Discussion-
Jump to: