The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders

Intended originally only for use of the 2%, I may use this as a kind of back room for competitive Nsiders (SSB) in general.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brawl sucks.

Go down 
+5
The Chuff
Ravioli
Echo_Assassin
Commander_Flint
Yoshi1999
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Really, I mean it's fun for a short period time, but then it gets REALLY boring. And HRC and btt blow so hard this time. Event matches got worse.

My main problem is when I compare it to Melee. Everything was so much faster, and actually enjoyable to watch. DI wasn't as crazy, air dodge wasn't a broken tactic (Ironic how this new air dodging system is so flawed, yet was probably changed just to remove WD). Combos will never, ever exist. You can DI or air dodge out of anything, including Zelda's fsmash. Without L-cancelling, the game lacks fluidity. Kills take FOREVER. I hate loading screens. Online lag is huge. If it wasn't for the (poor) online, I would've quit Brawl and gone back to Melee already.

And you can't bombchu hover in Brawl (Unless you can buy bombchus, then do Shadow temple early, then get the hover boots all in 5 minutes... I'll have to do some testing... I'll also be trying to get the plasma beam in 3 min in Super Metroid to see how the murder beam would **** up Brawl)
Back to top Go down
Commander_Flint
2% Member
2% Member
Commander_Flint

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:43 pm

I'm kinda tired of it myself. I shouldn't had overhyped brawl(I didn't know of Melee's exist till after it came out for a while and I kept playing it), Sakurai also should have not had updated all those characters on dojo or made the starting roster smaller. Everything was too easy to unlock it this game(Ness- Reflect 5 projectiles!?, Marth- TEN BRAWL MATCHES!?), in melee it was 1000 matches or btT with all characters for Mr.G&W, and 23 hours of melee for Mewtwo. Subspace was kind of quick too, they wasted so much effort on the story mode, they kind of screwed up some other things. Loading screens suck too.

I really didn't notice the difference in speed till I used Luigi. IDK why. Airdodging is kind of cheap too, you can dodge out of Snake's FS ammo with it and some of the FS are far too overpowered to say Sakurai tried balancing the game, like Sonic's. The only things I like this time around is WiFi and Custom Stages which are kind of limited, and the sexy soundtrack. Trophy Launcher is kind of fun too.

I'm lost at the last paragraph tho. D:
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Masterpieces lol

I blame casuals. If it weren't for them being Nintendo's only focus:
1)Online wouldn't suck
2)Air dodging wouldn't be broken
3)We'd be able to wd cuz the ad system stayed the same
4)They wouldn't have removed L-cancelling
5)The game would be faster
6)Sonic would have decent and practical kill moves outside of his FS (Didn't take into account people would be playing without FSs) or he wouldn't be in the game at all
7)It'd be a fun game(lol)
8)There wouldn't be so much advertising in it
9)HRC wouldn't have a barrier
10)BtT wouldn't have items
11)Load times would be faster(SSE slows it down)
12)Pichu, Doc, etc would be in(casuals hated those chars... except maybe M2)
13)YL would be in instead of TL(Yes this is important)
Back to top Go down
Echo_Assassin
2% Boozer User
2% Boozer User
Echo_Assassin

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:32 pm

lol post this on Nsider plz it would be funny
Back to top Go down
Ravioli
2% Member
2% Member
Ravioli

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Echo_Assassin wrote:
lol post this on Nsider plz it would be funny

I can picture the responses.

you phail lol i jus ownd ur azzwhol
Back to top Go down
The Chuff
2% Bunny
2% Bunny
The Chuff

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Mind if I copypasta this to nsider once I can connect? I'll say "Yoshi's Message To Nsider"
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:32 pm

Sure, cuz I can't copy paste anyways. Include the 3rd post, too.
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Yep. The thing that bothers me the most about the gameplay is the decreased character mobility. In Melee, there were all these cool ways of positioning yourself like dashdancing and wavedashing, but dashdancing sucks in Brawl (I only use it to desynch the ICs) and wavedashing doesn't exist anymore. This lack of mobility combined with the ridiculously good stuff you can do out of a shield and improved passive options like rolling render most offensive playstyles ineffective and make Brawl a camper's paradise. And don't get me started on tripping.

I honestly don't mind that Brawl requires less technical skill than Melee for the most part; however, I am annoyed by the lack of depth that accompanied the lowered dexterity requirements.

Sakurai also made a lot of amateurish balancing decisions, like nerfing some really good moves/tactics of characters who weren't all that amazing to begin with. I honestly can't even tell what he was aiming for when balancing this game; I'd guess that he was attempting to balance Brawl around the average power level of characters in Melee (which is a bad balancing decision for a lot of reasons which I won't explain right now) since the old best characters aren't quite as good for the most part and the old bottom tier characters are generally better, but why the heck did Ganondorf get nerfed?

I'm offended by Sakurai's obvious attempt to prevent Brawl from being competitive. I understand that he wants it to appeal to a large casual market, but doing so doesn't require alienating competitive gamers. Companies behind franchises like Street Fighter and Tekken have done fine without attempting to alienate their competitive fanbases; I'm giving these two franchises as examples, because glitches/exploits that were found in them that competitive gamers liked were intentionally preserved in future installments to keep the competitive fanbase happy, whereas Sakurai if anything trying to kill off the competitive smash community by simplifying the game. It is for this reason more than any other that I hope that Brawl fails, even though we all know it won't, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
The Chuff
2% Bunny
2% Bunny
The Chuff

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Can I put your reply too Fly?
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Sure.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:17 pm

SSB64 didn't even have wd, and had broken 0-Death combos because of being able to cancel all lag with Z, but I still find it more enjoyable than Brawl. Sometimes it's more fun than Melee. Sometimes.
Back to top Go down
nintendoatlarge
2% NaCl
2% NaCl

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks, I feel less bad about not owning brawl.
Back to top Go down
Ryder
2% Member
2% Member

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:17 pm

I disagree very heavily.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:23 pm

gasp
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:50 am

So, has anyone posted this yet? I don't go on Nsider, so could someone link me to the thread, if one exists?
Back to top Go down
https://2percentsmash.forumotion.com
nintendoatlarge
2% NaCl
2% NaCl

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:37 pm

What witchking said
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:16 pm

What salty said
Back to top Go down
Ravioli
2% Member
2% Member
Ravioli

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:48 am

I finally own Brawl and I have to say that I agree with everything you and Fly said.

The offensive standpoint of battle took an enormous step down; no dashdancing, or rather, sudden turns? wtf possesed him to do that? Everything feels chunky and slower. Grabbing sucks now, especially since you can DI out of everything, which is bad for me because overgrabbing was one of my issues in Melee. Also, like Yoshi said, kills take WAY too long. Also, I hate the way the ICs turned out.

1P isn't much either. There's difficulty settings on everything. Event matches are especially simple. The barrier in HRC is stupid; it defeats the point of trying to keep the bag on the platform. I hate items, and they blow in BtT.

I don't hate everything about Brawl. The visuals are fairly solid, and some of the new characters are very interesting to play (I <3 Olimar). But for them part, Sakurai's decision to choke off the competitive scene is putrid. I expected the game to be geared more towards casuals, more specifically because of Nintendo's focus to make Wii games "accessable for everyone", but the changes are far more drastic than I was hoping. Overall so far I'm enjoying Melee more than Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brawl sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brawl sucks.   Brawl sucks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brawl sucks.
Page 1 of 1