The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders

Intended originally only for use of the 2%, I may use this as a kind of back room for competitive Nsiders (SSB) in general.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow

Go down 
+4
Ravioli
Echo_Assassin
WhiteReverse
PBnJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:42 pm

So I just set up a match with Dai-A, Utah's 9th ranked smasher. Turns out he lives about five miles away from me. I'm gonna get my butt handed to me so bad, but it'll be a lot of fun to have actually played somebody. My friends are all starting to suck.
Back to top Go down
WhiteReverse
Admin
Admin
WhiteReverse

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:14 pm

At least you have friends to play against, I have to play against my Brother every time. It kind of get's boring... Oh, and let me know if you last more than 30 seconds.
Back to top Go down
http://clickhereifyourestupid.com
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:30 pm

I doubt I'll get more than one or two KO's on him (four stock match). He placed 4th in the two tourneys he went to (not sure how that puts him as ninth), and he's only 14 years old. He texted me twenty someodd times today trying to get me to come over today to play him. I think he's hinting that he'd like to pound my sorry ***.

It'll be good though. I should bring my camcorder along so you can all watch me get wasted. XD
Back to top Go down
WhiteReverse
Admin
Admin
WhiteReverse

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:50 pm

PrinceJesse wrote:
I doubt I'll get more than one or two KO's on him (four stock match). He placed 4th in the two tourneys he went to (not sure how that puts him as ninth), and he's only 14 years old. He texted me twenty someodd times today trying to get me to come over today to play him. I think he's hinting that he'd like to pound my sorry ***.

It'll be good though. I should bring my camcorder along so you can all watch me get wasted. XD
Try not to get owned too badly.
Back to top Go down
http://clickhereifyourestupid.com
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:56 pm

WhiteReverse wrote:
PrinceJesse wrote:

Try not to get owned too badly.

I think that's inevitable. It'll be my first match against anybody that uses advanced techs. All my friends think they're glitches and refuse to use them. I'm gonna get so owned.
Back to top Go down
Echo_Assassin
2% Boozer User
2% Boozer User
Echo_Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 pm

it will be the first time u get ass fucked by a good smasher

at least yours wasn't by DaShizWiz, god i did so bad against him
Back to top Go down
Ravioli
2% Member
2% Member
Ravioli

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Actually Echo, considering it was the Shiz, the fact that you even took one stock off him in a Falco ditto is really something.

Or was it a three-stock match?
Back to top Go down
Echo_Assassin
2% Boozer User
2% Boozer User
Echo_Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:41 pm

Ravioli wrote:
Actually Echo, considering it was the Shiz, the fact that you even took one stock off him in a Falco ditto is really something.

Or was it a three-stock match?
4 stock

and actually, your right =)
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:26 am

He was sandbagging. I might meet some other smasher in a week or so.
Back to top Go down
https://2percentsmash.forumotion.com
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:55 pm

Echo_Assassin wrote:

Not how I'd put it, but yeah, it's exactly what happened.

On our "mains" battle, I brought him down to two lives (out of four) and put him up to just about 80%.

He was falco, I was sheik. On the non-main battles, he beat me by about the same margin each time.

Oh well, it was still fun.
Back to top Go down
Echo_Assassin
2% Boozer User
2% Boozer User
Echo_Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:35 pm

Witchking_of_Angmar wrote:
=(
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Not bad, PJ. The closest good smasher to me is SPIKE, idk how he ranks, though
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:39 pm

Echo_Assassin wrote:
=(
I don't think Shiz was sandbagging, actually. Echo is more than meets the eye.

jk

But seriously, taking a life off Shiz in a Falco ditto demands respect.
Back to top Go down
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:28 pm

Yoshi1999 wrote:
Thanks. I still feel like an utter n00b though...though I think I'll bring along my camcorder so you can all see me getting owned. And give me tips.

Speaking of tips, any tips on how to practice? Level nines get me in bad habits, and my friends aren't near mine or Dai-A's level, so I really don't know how to get better.
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:32 am

PrinceJesse wrote:
Echo_Assassin wrote:

On our "mains" battle, I brought him down to two lives (out of four) and put him up to just about 80%.

He was falco, I was sheik. On the non-main battles, he beat me by about the same margin each time.

Don't you have any other characters to go with vs. Falco? Falco rapes shiek.
Back to top Go down
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:51 pm

PrinceJesse wrote:
Echo_Assassin wrote:

I could use my own Falco, or Marth.
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 1:19 am

PrinceJesse wrote:
PrinceJesse wrote:
Echo_Assassin wrote:

I could use my own Falco, or Marth.
I strongly recommend trying one of them instead.

A while ago, Tofu, a pretty good Falco main in SoCal, 2-stocked my Sheik, and then I switched to Falco and beat him one round and narrowly lost in the third round. Definitely avoid the Sheik/Falco match-up, unless you're psychic like Drephen.
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:23 am

PrinceJesse wrote:
Yoshi1999 wrote:
Thanks. I still feel like an utter n00b though...though I think I'll bring along my camcorder so you can all see me getting owned. And give me tips.

Speaking of tips, any tips on how to practice? Level nines get me in bad habits, and my friends aren't near mine or Dai-A's level, so I really don't know how to get better.
There's not much you can do when you're alone. I suggest you just practice tech skill, moving smoothely around the stage, and learning percents for combos. You can do that vs. lvl 1s.
Back to top Go down
Itachi
Bottom Tier User
Bottom Tier User

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:14 pm

The best person I ever played is Mog112, and I got 3 stocked. It didn't help that we had a Marth ditto, which I can't stand at all...
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 6:56 am

Itachi wrote:
The best person I ever played is Mog112, and I got 3 stocked. It didn't help that we had a Marth ditto, which I can't stand at all...
I love Marth dittos.
Back to top Go down
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:26 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll work up my Marth and Falco's.

And Dai-a took third at the tourney yesterday, so he is definetly going to move up in the Utah rankings. With his last three tourneys with finishes of 4th, 4th, and now 3rd. I'm feeling better that I lost so bad now. Especially after hearing of the terrible sheik falco matchup.
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:14 pm

PrinceJesse wrote:

And Dai-a took third at the tourney yesterday, so he is definetly going to move up in the Utah rankings. With his last three tourneys with finishes of 4th, 4th, and now 3rd. I'm feeling better that I lost so bad now. Especially after hearing of the terrible sheik falco matchup.

Well, it's not really terrible, it all depends. I'd say it's about 60-40. It depends, I'd say the difficulty goes up exponentially by how much they're better than you, so if they're twice as good, it's 4 times as hard.

It's all about countering their playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 1:07 pm

PrinceJesse wrote:

Well, it's not really terrible, it all depends. I'd say it's about 60-40. It depends, I'd say the difficulty goes up exponentially by how much they're better than you, so if they're twice as good, it's 4 times as hard.

It's all about countering their playstyle.
I also want to say that you really need to know how to fight Falcos in general to have a chance in this match-up. If you don't know how to deal with SHL, pillaring, and the other typical annoying Falco stuff, you're screwed. You still should have some idea about how to approach the Sheik/Falco match-up to avoid getting screwed during counterpicks; one thing you could work on is power-shielding Falco's lasers, which is something you can practice against CPU Falcos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow   Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna play a good smasher tomorrow
Page 1 of 1