The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2%/ Competitive Nsiders

Intended originally only for use of the 2%, I may use this as a kind of back room for competitive Nsiders (SSB) in general.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Empty
PostSubject: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:17 pm

I have no idea what to expect. I'm planning on using Marth, any tips? I'll be playing him Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Money Match? Why? Do a friendly, unless you're middle class or higher.

Anyways, I'd say Marth is a good choice. All his aerials own completely, and his FSmash is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:44 pm

PrinceJesse wrote:
I have no idea what to expect. I'm planning on using Marth, any tips? I'll be playing him Wednesday.
I, like most smashers, don't have any experience in the Marth Vs. Mewtwo match-up, but I would guess that spaced fairs and nairs rape Mewtwo. Mewtwo can be a pain to edgeguard, but he's floaty, so you should be able to kill him off the top pretty easily on most stages with an up tilt; I recommend counterpicking levels with low ceilings like Yoshi's Story.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:47 pm

I thought Yoshi's Story was banned cuz of the right cloud? Or am I thinking of something else? I always get Yoshi's 3 stages and their tournament status confused.
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:00 pm

Yoshi1999 wrote:
I thought Yoshi's Story was banned cuz of the right cloud? Or am I thinking of something else? I always get Yoshi's 3 stages and their tournament status confused.
I'm talking about the small, Battlefield-like stage. It's the only Yoshi stage that's legal in tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi1999
2% Spammer
2% Spammer
Yoshi1999

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:04 pm

I thought it was neutral for singles and doubles, not counter pick.
Back to top Go down
Fly_Amanita
2% Leader
2% Leader
Fly_Amanita

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:06 pm

Yoshi1999 wrote:
I thought it was neutral for singles and doubles, not counter pick.
You're allowed to counterpick neutral stages. For example, I counterpick FD all the time.
Back to top Go down
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:28 am

Okay, thanks for the tips guys.

Oh, and it just so happens to be a $1 money match olol

I'll feel so retarded if I lose though...
Back to top Go down
Witchking_of_Angmar
Admin
Admin
Witchking_of_Angmar

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:55 am

Mewtwo lacks approaches, especially since his projectile sucks. I would try to just outspace and outprioritize him until I see an opportunity for a combo/fsmash/whatever.
Back to top Go down
https://2percentsmash.forumotion.com
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 3:04 pm

o_O

Holy cow, I just learned that a bunch of other good smashers are going to be there on Wednesday too. I'll be sure to record, so you guys can bash on how bad Utah Smashers suck XD
Back to top Go down
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Yeah, I just got back. And, yet again, I didn't record =(

Oddly enough, I got three stocked on the money match...but on his Falco vs. my Marth, he only two stocked me olol

Anyways, I also played C!Z (sixth in the state) and he two stocked me with his Falco (I was, yet again, Marth) Everybody was like "beat the **** out of him Jesse!"

They worship C!Z though, it's really funny.
Back to top Go down
Thirdkoopa
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:18 am

Hmm well since it's over; Congratulations with that match, Nice job there, What ranking are you in the state (If you have A Ranking for it...) Just wondering.
Huge congratulations and good luck with further pro-matches.
Back to top Go down
PBnJ
lousy 2% member
lousy 2% member
PBnJ

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:26 am

Thirdkoopa wrote:
Hmm well since it's over; Congratulations with that match, Nice job there, What ranking are you in the state (If you have A Ranking for it...) Just wondering.
Huge congratulations and good luck with further pro-matches.
How in the heck would I be ranked if I get 2 stocked by the 9th in state...every time...but thanks anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)   Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to play Dai-A's Mewtwo (As a money match)
Page 1 of 1